I WAS going to do a post about my workout yesterday… this is a running/wine blog after all, but I realize I didn’t do the usual resolutions post. So! without further adieu…
Everyone everywhere is discussing resolutions.
To make them, not make them, how fast you will break them, discounts to help ya keep them.
Bottom line is… we all want a reason to change things up, start over and start fresh. That’s what the New Year’s Resolution dream is all about.
This past year for me and The Hubs was phenomenal.
We accomplished amazing things together and apart with each others support. We drank lots of wine/beer, had tons of laughs and with me enough tears for the year. I’d be lying if I said I didn’t dread this new year for so so so many reasons which I will share over the course of the next few posts/months. But 2013 will bring some bigger changes for us and change is good right?? RIGHT??? right…
With all these changes I’ve vowed to make goals I can achieve… or what I’d like to call “resolutions on things I know I suck at and want to suck less at.” Is that even good English?
I’ll start with my 2012 in review. Gosh it was such a cool year.
2012 in Review
- Joined the ACS DetermiNation team and met some of the funniest people while running the longest runs of my life and testing my own physical and mental strength
- Trained for the NYC Marathon with the team above
- Was promoted to manager at my company
- Spent 4 days in Turks & Caicos where hubs and I celebrated 3 years of being married and 10 years of being together (yowza)
- Left our 1 bedroom apartment of 5 years to a bigger and better 2 bedroom apartment
- Hubs graduated top 10% in his law school, took the bar exam, passed and started a job at a very successful law firm in NYC
- PRed the Philly R’n’R Half Marathon
- Visited Chicago, spent 3 days with 4 stinky guys in 1 hotel room. Went out of my comfort zone and met up with Hub’s cousin’s cousin… also saw Rahm Emmanual that night for you politics junkies.
- Celebrated my little sister graduating from college and getting a rock star gig at Duke Univ. Med. Hospital
- Survived Hurricane Sandy (what a betch) with minimal loss (R.I.P. Betty White The White Beem) considering our town was several feet under water – “Hoboken NOT broken!”
- Traveled to Africa to climb Mount Kilimanjaro – camped for 8 days, made it the top of the tallest free-standing mountain in the world, ate Gnu (wilde beast), water buffalo, wort hog (think Pumba from the Lion King) and Thomson’s gazelle. It was amazing. We explored the large city of Arusha in Tanzania and went on a real life safari. OH! and I learned some legit Swahili… not just from the Lion King… Hakuna matata ma rafiki.
- Be a better Sister, Daughter, Wife & Friend – I sometimes let my job take over my life, am not always great at keeping up relationships with my friends and family and lose sight of what is truly important in life. So this is the year I fix that. I don’t want to look back and have regrets with relationships. They’re so important and life is too damn short. and the rent is too damn high!
- Keep the apartment cleaner – It is way to easy to leave the house with the bed unmade and dishes in the sink because I prioritize sleep, work or running. With Hubs working full time now I have to step it up! Seriously… the clothes don’t wash and fold themselves? What the eff?
- Plan a truly awesome trip – OK… I certainly do not suck at this but I want to have an awesome trip this year. I’m one continent shy of all continents except Antarctica before 30… Can you even go to Antarctica?
- Run a Sub 4 Marathon
- Keep on Blogging
What are some of your resolutions/goals? Did you dread 2013 like me? Do you enjoy my stream of conscious?